Sunday 27 October 2013

Russian roulette-part 7


Torture, Insanity, Evil and abuses were only words Shady knew. Compassion was long gone when he lost his family to the crime lord- Boris. He had become dismal about all the warm feelings after avenging the death of his loved one. He never showed any mercy to people who stabbed him on his back. Even if it was his closest friend Paul and that’s what he was going to do on this summer afternoon.

He checked his (loaded) gun once again. He wanted everything to be perfect. He had made sure that no one except his men was there at the club. Paul had arrived on time like always. Paul’s punctuality had always impressed him. But it didn’t matter now. “ Hey Shady, I am your friend. You have to believe me.”, Paul begged.

“ Believe! The word doesn’t sound right from your mouth. Don’t say it! Friends don’t backstab. They don’t leave a friend in need. You showed me that I cannot trust anyone.”, he sneered at him. “I didn’t do it on purpose. I was influenced by Lev. He had kidnapped Marina.”, Paul defended himself. “ I have always told you to never fall for these sweet traps. See what this has done to you!  You had forgotten to open your eyes. You failed to see that Marina and Lev were undercover cops. They used your heart to bring me down. Well! They are going to lose again. They will never get me.”, Shady said without any emotion. He shot his beloved friend on his head.

 Inna was at the wrong place at wrong time. She had come to meet Shady Zhane. She hid herself behind the wall when she saw the commotion. It was horrifying for her to see the monstrous side of Shady. She wanted to get away. But it was too late.

“ What are you doing here?”, he shouted.  Her body shook due to fear. “ I was… I came here because you had asked me to start work today. I didn’t..see..anything.” she stammered. “ I TOLD YOU THAT I DON’T WANT ANYONE HERE.” , he shot back at his men . Before he could do any more damage, she said, “Your men didn’t see me get inside. I swear I didn’t know anything about the lock down.”

He dropped his weapon down. This was the first time he had shown mercy on someone and he did listen to someone. He left the room without saying one word. One of his men approached her and thanked her for saving his life.

The day had been normal for Inna. She was shown around by one of girls working at the club. There was not much work for her. She was given the work of greeting the guest. It was simple for her. She had been doing this when she was Boris’s mistress.

At her room, she was sharing her first day experience with Nina. “ I am sorry, sweetie. I forgot to inform you about the lock down. But I am really amazed that Shady listened to someone. Shady has never done that. He only does what he thinks. He doesn’t consider anyone’s opinion. I guess he has a soft spot for you.” 

Nina said. “Stop it, Nina. He isn’t that bad.”, she said with her cheeks turning red. “The way he kissed you says it all. He has a crush on you.”, Nina said. Inna playfully hit on Nina’s shoulder and laughed. Was it true that Shady was falling for her? He was her boss. But he was known to be heartless. Did he have a heart? She lied on her bed wondering about Shady.


(To be continued)      

No comments:

Post a Comment