Wednesday 18 February 2015

The Best (WO)man- Part 1

Love has many phases. The one of the phase is possessiveness. Possessiveness is good until it doesn't become an obsession. An obsession can be dangerous if it becomes extreme. Well ! I don't know how much I adore my cousin Augustus. 

I loved him with my whole heart. He was my brother from the blood which we were not supposed to be mingle with. He was my uncle's ( my father's younger brother) son from foreign blood. In other words, he was my step cousin. While other relatives stayed away from him, I would always be there for him.  He was my friend and brother to look up to.

I had always thought no matter what happens I will never let him go. Our relationship was strong as the rock. Nothing kept us apart. We were stuck with each other as glue. That's what I thought it was. I never wanted to share him with anyone else. I was too obsessed with him. His attention was what I always wanted and he gave me lion share of it.

Today I sit , stomping my feet. The reason? His marriage.He had dropped news of getting married like a bomb. I was dumbstruck for sometime. He had never disclosed this secret to him. It still amused me that how he hid this very fact about his life. He always shared every minute of happenings in his life.

He was happy. I should have been happy if he hadn't told that he was marrying her. I was largely shocked because of him marrying her. How could he marry her? She was the most despised  creature in my life. Her name was more than enough to spoil my mood. She always tried to look better than me.. do things better than me.. always be there for right as well as wrong reasons in Page 3. It was like she loved being captured by the lenses of paparazzi. 

What's wrong with him? He was making a mistake of his life. I knew this marriage would never stick for long time. She was not right for him. She was too glitzy and glamorous unlike my Augustus who found simplicity even in little things of life. I had to stop this marriage.

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment