Monday 11 December 2017

Mind Your Business - Part 8

She touched her face. Her eyes, ears, nose and mouth were all there. Vicky and Sheila rushed towards her. "What happened ?", Sheila inquired. Sakshi didn't say anything. She was in shock. She couldn't believe her eyes. "I must be dreaming.", she said aloud. "What?", Sheila asked. "I must have seen a nightmare. My face was deformed. There was no nose, no ears, no eyes.. nothing.", Sakshi said. She took huge breath to relieve herself.

Sheila hugged her and consoled," It was a bad dream. You had a hard day." Vicky was pained to see his family in this situation. He knew it was not a dream. He had to let them know this dark secret. He couldn't hold it any longer. "It's not a dream. It's real. The spirit is one who is causing all this.",he said shakingly.

"Why are you scaring her? She is already scared.", Sheila scolded him. He didn't stop. "I am saying the truth. First it killed Ronny, then it tried to hurt me and mother .Now it's trying to scare Sakshi. I don't know what it is. I don't know why it is doing or what it wants.", he continued, turning his back at both women.

Sakshi pulled his hand and dragged him to face her.  "Tell me what happened at the trip you had taken with your friends. You said you were visiting Jog falls with your friends. Where did you go?", she asked firmly. "I didn't go to Jog falls. I had gone to small house outskirts of the city. There was a room that was haunted by a spirit as per folklore.", he said.

He narrated everything that had happened in the haunted room. "It was adventure. We wanted to have fun. We wanted to do something different.", he concluded his story. . "Fun! Adventure! You lost a friend! Who goes to haunted place to have fun? I don't know what you bought in.", Sakshi said. She slapped him

He woke up to the reality. It was a dream. He was dreaming about his confrontation with his sister. He knew his sister would either slap him or disown him or not believe him. He wished he could share his concerns and worries openly with his family. But he was scared to utter anything.

(To be continued)


No comments:

Post a Comment