Thursday 30 January 2020

The jinxed love - Part 12

Gaurav was shaken by all the events. He was angry as well as slightly relieved that nothing happened to Jenny. He stared at Jenny. She looked horrified. He asked everyone to leave and ordered one of the crew member to get a glass of water. When everyone left, he bent down in front of Jenny who was sitting. He asked , "How are you feeling ?". He realized the blunder he made and spoke again, "Damn ! What dumb question I am asking ? It's obvious you are felling terrible. But I am relieved you are okay.". She giggled. He smiled back and almost brushed her hair with his hand.

Suddenly he realized what he was doing. He smiled weakly and was about to leave when he saw Gajendra rushing towards them. He was huffing out of breathing when he reached them. "Are you okay?", he asked after taking deep breath. "I am really sorry for the mishap that happened. I had ordered technicians to check everything before the show began. I don't know how this happened.", he continued. Gaurav stared at him in disgust.  He didn't believe any of his words.

He pulled Gajendra's collar in anger. "Don't play this shit with me . Your act almost put someone's life in danger. How can you get so low? How can you play with someone's life just to increase your show's TRP? You are disgraceful to humanity.", he growled. The passerby stared at them. Some of them tried to calm Gaurav down while few of them were taking video of their fight. Jenny wasn't liking it. She got up immediately. "Please leave his collar, Gaurav. Thank you for your concern but I can manage myself now. I am feeling better now.", she spoke firmly.

Gaurav was stunned. Her words broke him. Gajendra smirked when Gaurav left his collar. He knew she would never be grateful for him standing up for her. Who was he? He was nothing to her. He walked away. "Sir,  mistakes happen and  I am sure you would not let this happen again.", she said to Gajendra. He felt uncomfortable when she said that. He couldn't understand whether she thought he did this purposefully to create TRPs or she really wanted him to be careful with safety of people in set. Whatever it was, he didn't expect people would blame him for something he wasn't involved. He remembered the story of the shepherd and wolf. He felt like a shepherd today.

Rohan had arrived at Jenny's house to check on her after he got to know about the events that took place in the set. "Are you fine? Let me check your hand.", he said as he checked her hand which was strapped.  He touched them gently. She cried, "Ouch ! It hurts." He quickly left her hand. "These guys can do anything for the TRPs. I will personally speak to Gajendra regarding this. What would have happened if anything worse had occurred ?", he said. She smiled. But she stopped smiling when she remembered something.

"You know what ! Gaurav felt the same. He nearly grabbed Gajendra's collar and gave him properly. He would have torn him apart if I hadn't stepped up.", she said solemnly. Rohan didn't speak. He let her speak as these were the times when Jenny spoke her heart out and shared her burden with him. "I don't understand why Gaurav is reacting this way. Sometimes he is too rude towards me and sometimes he showers all this concern on me. I can't comprehend his actions . He is making it so difficult for me to forget him.", she spoke as the pain struck her heart thinking about the love she once shared with him.


(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment